Do you require assistance with family law, personal injuries, or wills and estates?
We offer free legal services to all students currently enrolled at QUT. This service is proudly offered by McInnes Wilson Lawyers and can assist with:
Personal Injury Law
- Accidents involving public places
- Accidents involving cyclists, motor vehicles, and other road-users
- Accidents involving medical staff, procedures, and medical institutions such as hospitals
- Accidents involving work and workplace safety
- And more
- Separation and divorce
- Separation of assets and property
- Parenting matters (custody arrangements)
- Child support
- Spousal maintenance
- De-facto matters
- Binding Financial Agreements (pre-nuptial agreements, etc.)
- Splitting of superannuation
- Matters involving children, including relocation and change of name matters, and passport applications
- And more
- Personal estate planning – making a will or enduring power of attorney,
- Deceased estate administration – obtaining probate, how to be an executor, rights as a beneficiary
- Estate litigation – challenging a will, bringing a claim for further provision
- Trust disputes and administration
- Advice on superannuation
- Applications to the Guardianship and Administration Tribunal
- And more
How to access the free legal services
If you have an issue that you would like to confidentially discuss for free, and you believe it falls into one of the outlined areas, all you need to do is complete the online questionnaire.
The information you give is completely confidential and will only be seen by a student adviser and a lawyer. Your enquiry will then be reviewed and the lawyer will send you a letter of advice or contact you via phone to discuss your situation.
If you have a particular time you do or don’t want to be contacted, simply indicate this in your enquiry.
So what do you need to prepare?
It’s important to note that this is a free legal advice service and cannot help you with:
- Representing you in court
- Drafting letters on your behalf
- Negotiating for you
- Amending documents
- Advising on documents you have drafted yourself
If you have any questions regarding this legal service, you can contact a QUT Guild officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I require other Legal Help?
You can access a handy resources sheet of alternative providers for other legal issues here.
If your query is in relation to migration, please view the migration-specific information sheet here.