To earn a bit of cash I have started doing some work as an Uber Driver. I only do it now and again and earn very little, I don’t need to let the tax office know do I?

Yes you do!! The tax office have been paying a lot of attention to Uber drivers and, with data sharing, it’s likely they will find out. It is likely that you need to declare this income in your tax return and, because Uber is seen as a taxi service, you will probably need to register for GST and lodge quarterly BAS. If you’re not sure how this applies to you please contact the team at Affinitas Accounting on (07) 3359 5244 or service@affinitasaccounting.com.au for more information.