Non-Resident Tax

I have started working at my local coffee shop between study. I’m not an Australian Resident though, so I don’t need to lodge a tax return or declare this information.

Generally, if you earn any income in Australia you need to lodge an Australian tax return and declare that income – particularly if you are a non-resident. Tax rates can be different if you are not a resident too so it’s important to get the right advice before you start working so your employer can tax you correctly. To avoid any nasty surprises from the ATO, contact Affinitas Accounting  on (07) 3359 5244 or to make sure you know your obligations.