Change of Course

Change of Course

I’m a domestic undergraduate.

I want to change into a course in the same Faculty.

If you want to change into a course which is in the same Faculty as the one you’re currently in, or you want to drop one of the components of your double degree, you need to use the Intra-faculty Course Change (RI) form. You need to hand it in to HiQ.  If you’re seeking to enter a graduate entry course based on non-QUT studies or seeking entry via a new rank based on other studies, you must apply through QTAC. 

I want to change into a course in a different Faculty.

Because it’s in a different Faculty, you need to apply for readmission through QTAC. You can find a tutorial on how to do this here.

To change into a new course, you need to meet the entry requirements for that course. To find the entry requirements of a course, search it on the QUT website.

Once you’re in university, you don’t use your OP anymore. Instead, the University will give you a rank based on your current GPA, and that’s what will determine if you have the entry requirements for a course.

While we can’t predict what rank you will get until the University assesses it, you can have a look on the Student Gateway to find out what the range of ranks your eligible for is.

I’m a domestic postgraduate coursework student.

You need to reapply for the new course through the University. You can find a tutorial here.

I’m a domestic research degree student.

You can make changes to your existing candidature. You need to fill out in an Application for Change to Candidature form and return it to the Research Students Centre at  Level 4, 88 Musk Ave, Kelvin Grove Qld 4059.

I’m an international student.

You need to reapply for the new course. You can find a tutorial here.

What if I need help?

The Guild’s Student Rights Hub can assist you with any course issues you may have. If you ever feel a bit lost, give us a call and we can give you advice.