Starting a New Club or Society
It is not as difficult and complex as it may sound to turn your hobby, passion, or interest into a club. To start and run a club, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Fill in the Expression of Interest form here with the idea for your new club. Then scan or photograph the forms and send them to email@example.com.
We run meetings throughout the year to discuss club affiliations so it may take some time between submitting your application and getting a result back.
- If your application is successful, we’ll get in touch with you via email with the next steps for your club. They’re outlined below if you want to read ahead.
- Hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM). This is when you elect the executive members of your club and pass your constitution. Make sure you look over our Guidelines for running your AGM. You can download it by clicking here now.
You’ll need to make a club constitution to pass in the AGM as mentioned above.
You can easily create one using our Template Constitution which can be found here.
- Once you’ve held your AGM, send your passed constitution, AGM minutes, AGM attendance list, and the contact details of all the elected executives to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find templates for these things on our Club Resources page.
- Go into the office (located on C block Lv 4, QUT Kg campus – across from the general store) with at least two executives who you would like to be signatories on your bank account (three is better), and we can help you open your bank account.
- You’re now officially a club! Make sure you read the Clubs Handbook for tips about running your club, and for the basic requirements of remaining affiliated. You can download the PDF version by clicking here now.
Most importantly, have fun! If you have any questions along the way, please don’t hesitate to contact our Clubs Team at email@example.com.