Mural Art Competition
Win $2,000 and Get Your Artwork Featured at The Grove Bar
Are you an artist who is actively looking for ways and channels to show people your creativity, skills and talent? If you answered yes, then we have an awesome opportunity for you!
The QUT Guild Bar at Kelvin Grove campus is calling for talented artists to design the bar's feature wall. QUT Guild will choose the winning design and if you are the winner, you will receive a $2,000 voucher for installing your artwork and bring your design to life over this Summer Break!
There is only one winner to be picked, so make sure you are showing us all you have got!
- Campaign Start Date: 9:00am 7 October 2021
- Entries Start Date: 9:00am 7 October 2021
- Entries End Date: 11:59pm Friday 3 December 2021
- Winners To Be Announced: Friday 10 December 2021
The Design Brief:
- The design must relate back to the Grove Bar or include the text “Grove Bar”.
- The QUT Guild logo needs to be included in the design but does not need to be in a dominant place.
- Story to explain why you have come up with the concepts/artwork/design.
- In detail to describe your installation plan and timeline.
- Artists will have the option to include their signature on the artwork.
Material to use for installation:
- Paint or spray paint is preferred.
- Glitter might be accepted as long as the end product is durable and will not leave residues or drop on the floor or any other furniture during and after installation.
- You will need to take into consideration in terms of managing the installation. The process of installation should not make any damage to the interior of the Grove Bar including the floor, windows, pool table, and any fixtures or furniture in the bar. The prize of this competition includes the expense of purchasing protective materials such as paint drop sheets and covers.
- A checklist for installation will be provided to communicate all the requirements.
Size of wall: 204 cm (h) x 400 cm (w)
Wall material: Red Bricks
Please submit your design artwork via this link no later than 11:59pm on Friday 3 December 2021.
Terms and Conditions:
- For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, the promoter is QUT Guild of Level 2, C Block, QUT Kelvin Grove Campus, Kelvin Grove QLD 4059 (ABN: 77 713 415 382) (“Promoter”).
- To be eligible to enter this competition you need to be a current Queensland University of Technology (QUT) student (“Entrant”).
- Entry is not open to employees and contractors of the Promoter, their associated agencies and companies, and their immediate families.
- The Competition commences at 9am AEST on Wednesday 29 September 2021. Entries close at 11:59pm AEST on Friday 3 December 2021 (“Competition Period”). Entries received outside of the Competition Period will not be accepted by the Promoter and will be deemed to be invalid.
- This competition is for the design of artwork to be installed and displayed in QUT Guild’s Grove Bar located at Level 4, C Block, QUT Kelvin Grove campus by the selected winner.
- To enter the competition, design the artwork according to the design brief provided on this page.
- The artwork may be used by QUT Guild including for any other marketing and promotional purposes such as online, print or other forms of publication.
- All designs must be submitted online via the submission link on this page: https://qutguild.com/services/grove-bar/grovecomp.
- By entering the competition with your design, you are accepting all the Terms and Conditions.
- If your design was selected as the winning entry, you are transferring the ownership of the artwork and design to QUT Guild. QUT Guild will have the exclusive right to use your design. You will not be entitled to receive any royalties.
- Entries must be entirely your own original work and must not breach or be in violation of any copyright or other rights of third parties.
- Entry must not contain any content that infringes the rights of any person or is unlawful, offensive, discriminatory, racially or ethically offensive or inappropriate.
- To enter the competition, you must provide QUT Guild with your full name, current residential address, phone number and email address for administering purposes. QUT Guild will, with your consent, publish your name in cases such as announcing the winner.
- The Entrant can submit more than one entry throughout the Competition Period provided that each entry is unique and original.
- The competition result will be announced on the QUT Guild website and social media accounts on 10 December 2021.
- The winner must be available in QUT, Brisbane to install the artwork on any dates from 10 December 2021 to 31 January 2022.
- The installation of the artwork on the wall must be completed by 31 January 2022.
- The installation and artwork will stay on the wall in Grove Bar for at least 10 months and might be repainted over after. QUT Guild reserve all the rights to change, remove or adjust the artwork on the wall, with or without consent of the designer.
- The winner will be notified via phone call before the announcement is made on the QUT Guild website and social media accounts.
- QUT Guild reserves the right to use any subjective criteria it chooses in selecting a winner. And its decision is final and binding.
- The winner will receive a prize of a $1,000 gift card, which will be used for purchasing material for the art installation, the designer’s labour cost and other associated expenses for the wall design to be completed.
- The prize cannot be transferred or be exchanged for cash.
- You will receive a notification from QUT Guild if your entry was received successfully.
- QUT Guild reserves the right to change or modify the rules, procedures, dates and other information of this competition. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.