There is so much uncertainty around COVID-19 and what it means for our QUT community. Although all our physical offices are currently closed, our QUT Guild team is still working hard to make sure that all QUT students get the support that they need during this tough time whether that be financially, mentally or even socially.
Make sure you look out for yourself and your close ones but also make sure you stay informed by visiting sites with reliable news resources. We understand that the information surrounding COVID-19 can be overwhelming at times so we recommend limiting your news time to 10 minutes, twice a day. Here are sites that we recommend getting your information from:
There are a number of options available to you if you are experiencing financial hardship
- As donations are received, QUT Guild is providing assistance through grocery gift vouchers and free food hampers. As these become available they will be announced on our QUT Guild Facebook page
- QUT is providing Emergency Bursaries for immediate support to students
- You may be eligible for payments from Centrelink. Head to their dedicated website for more information.
- The Moneysmart website has information about a range of financial assistance measures available from both the Commonwealth and State governments.
- If you would like help with finding information about your QUT payments, you can contact a QUT Welfare Officer to help you work out what you may be eligible for
Phone: 3138 2383 (Gardens Point) or 3138 3488 (Kelvin Grove)
If you’re feeling overwhelmed or you need someone to talk to there are a number of people that you can reach out to:
Or get in contact with QUT Counselling
Don’t forget to stay connected with your mates and jump over to our online events if you need a little bit of a laugh.
Our Advocacy team are still working hard and a here to support you with any issues with your studies. You can get in contact with them here