The Annual QUT Guild Elections are right around the corner, and we want YOU!
If you are someone who cares about QUT students, wants to be more involved in campus life, and is motivated to see real and impactful changes on campus, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Under C18 or the QUT Guild Constitution, Nominations for the 2022 QUT Guild will be opened for the Student Representative Committee, The Board, and the Media Team at 9:00 AM (AEST) Monday 27th September 2021 with the following positions available:
Student Representative Committee (SRC):
- Vice President (Secretary)
- Vice President (Treasurer)
- Welfare Officer
- Education Officer
- Engagement Officer
- Clubs and Societies Officer
- Queer Officer
- Women’s Officer
- Abilities Officer
- First Nations Officer
- Environment Officer
- International Students Officer
- Postgraduate Students Officer
- SRC Councillors:
- Science Councillor (2 positions)
- Engineering Councillor (2 positions)
- Business and Law Councillor (2 positions)
- Creative Industries, Education, and Social Justice Councillor (2 positions)
- Health Councillor (2 positions)
- Student Representative Members (2 positions)
- Media Editor(s) (1 role that can be shared between up to 5 people)
National Union of Students (NUS) Delegate:
- QUT Student Representatives (7 positions available)
* Please note that The Board and the Media Team are separate from the SRC, therefore, they cannot run on or foster support from an electoral ticket.
- Nominations Open: Monday 27th September 2021 at 9:00 AM (AEST)
- Nominations Close: Sunday 10th October 2021 at 5:00 PM (AEST)
- Nominations Confirmed: Tuesday 12th October 2021
- Campaigning Period: From Monday 18th October to Friday 22nd October 2021
Who is Eligible?
Under C21.1 of the QUT Guild Constitution, unless stated otherwise, any QUT Guild member (enrolled student of QUT) is eligible to stand for election, and be democratically elected, to any position on the board, on the Student Representative Council or within the Guild, Subject to R6.3 of the 2021 Guild Election Regulations:
“C21.1 Candidates are eligible to nominate for one position only.
- a. A candidate for election to the board is ineligible to stand concurrently for election to any position on the SRC.
- b. A candidate for election to any position on the SRC is ineligible to stand concurrently for election to the board.
- c. A candidate for election to the SRC is eligible to stand for election to one position on the SRC only.
- d. A candidate for election as Women’s Officer must be a woman.
- e. A candidate for election as Queer Officer must be Queer.
- f. A candidate for election as Postgraduate Officer must be a postgraduate student.
- g. A candidate for election as Abilities Officer must live with a disability, chronic health condition, mental health condition or injury.
- h. A candidate for election as First Nations Officer must be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student.
- i. A candidate for elections as International Officer must be an international Student”
Who is not Eligible?
Under C21.2 of the QUT Guild Constitution:
“A person is not eligible to be elected or appointed to any position if:
- a. the person has been convicted:
- i. on indictment; or ii summarily and sentenced to imprisonment, other than in default of payment of a fine; and
- ii. The rehabilitation period in relation to the conviction has not expired; or
- b. under the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cwlth) or the law of an external territory or another country, the person is an undischarged bankrupt; or
- c. the person has executed a deed of arrangement under the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cwlth), part X or a corresponding law of an external territory or another country and the terms of the deed have not been fully complied with; or
- d. the person’s creditors have accepted a composition under the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cwlth), part X or a corresponding law of an external territory or another country and a final payment has not been made under the composition; or
- e. the person appears on any Australian register of persons who are disqualified from managing a corporation or being a responsible person for a legal entity or registered charity; or
- f. the person is under the age of 18 years; or
- g. the person has been disqualified by the Electoral Tribunal for breaching the regulations applying to elections and the period in relation to the disqualification has not expired."
How to Nominate
Nominations will be accepted from 9:00 AM Monday 27th September 2021 until 5:00 PM Sunday 10th October 2021. Students have the option to run independently or as part of an electoral ticket:
If you would like to run independently, please download and complete either:
- 2021 Guild Election SRC Nomination Form;
- 2021 Guild Election Media Team Nomination Form; or
- 2021 Guild Election Board Representative Nomination Form
and return it with any supporting documentation to email@example.com by 5:00 PM Sunday 10th October 2021.
If you would like to run as part of an electoral ticket, please download and complete the following forms (the electoral registration and all associated nominations forms are to be returned altogether):
- 2021 Guild Election SRC Nomination Form (1 per person)
- Electoral Group Rego Form (Colors and Name) (1 per group)
- Electoral Group Rego Form Candidates (1 per person)
- Electoral Group Standard Protection Form (1 per person)
If you would like to stand for election to be an NUS delegate in conjunction with another 2022 Guild role, please indicate this on the relevant nomination form above as directed. If you wish to only nominate as an NUS delegate, download and complete the 2021 Guild Election SRC Nomination Form, only select “National Union of Students Delegate” and return it with any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM Sunday 10th October 2021. Any student is eligible to run for the NUS positions in conjunction with any position within the QUT Guild.
Voting will occur electronically here during Week 13 of QUT’s Semester 2 Teaching Period 2021.
The polls will open at 9:00 AM Monday 25th October 2021 and will close at 11:59 PM Thursday 28th October 2021.
Please see Official Declaration - Schedule Eight of the October 2020 QUT Guild Elections.
Please see Official Declaration - Schedule Eight of the 2020 QUT Guild Elections.
Please see Official Declaration - Schedule Eight of the 2019 QUT Guild Elections.
Please see Official Declaration - Schedule Eight of the 2020 QUT Guild Re-Election.