Complaint Against Lecturer or Unit

Complaint Against Lecturer or Unit

What do I do if I have a problem with my degree?

If you have a complaint with your unit or lecturer then you should contact your Unit Coordinator. The Unit Coordinator is the person in charge of that one particular unit.

If you are unable to contact your Unit Coordinator or they are unhelpful then you should contact the Course Coordinator. This is the person in charge of the degree you are taking, such as the Bachelor of Business.

Among other things, you have the right to:

  • be provided within a reasonable period of the commencement of a unit a course outline which details the aims and objectives of the unit, its attendance requirements, the expected workload, the methods of assessment including the weight and timing of each piece of assessment, whether a passing grade is required on any or each piece of assessment to obtain a passing grade in the unit, and advice on the policy regarding late submission of assessment.
  • have access to your assessment results.
  • be consulted with and provided with reasonable notice of changes to the course outline and given the opportunity to object.
  • have adequate access to teaching staff and to have accurate information on the times of access to such teaching staff.

Can I get help?

If you are not confident contacting your Unit or Course Coordinator or do not get a satisfactory response, then contact the Guild’s Student Rights Hub for assistance. We can come along to meetings with you and help you communicate with your Faculty.

All you need to do is let us know:
  • What happened that you think is unsatisfactory?
  • How did this affect you? For instance, will it affect your grades?
  • Where and when did it occur?
  • Were there any witnesses to the events?

Give us as many details as possible. We will then be in contact with you to take the next step.