President - Zoe Davidson

president@qutguild.com

Hi there! I’m Zoe Davidson (she/her), and honoured to be your President for the 2023 QUT Student Guild.

I’m in my final-year units of my Bachelor of Business (Advertising) and Secondary Education (Mathematics). As I’m entering my seventh year at QUT and third with the Guild, I’ve watched both entities evolve and react to the many challenges that have faced students and the tertiary education field; COVID-19, rise in cost of living, floods, decrease of quality in experiences and more. In saying this however, I’ve also seen the benefits the Guild has provided in bringing culture back-to-campus, extending assistance and support to student clubs and their events, advocation for student’s rights and inclusion services – and that’s where my love for student support and unionism stems from. I am a strong believer in consultation, communication and teamwork, and hope that my personal values will contribute to a better student experience for many.

I am the core spokesperson for every student of QUT; all the way from students currently enrolled, to statuses to leave of absences, incoming, graduating and alumni. My presence in the high-level QUT meetings my role allows for, and the strong, passionate, and driven voice I exercise within them, ensures that the 53,000+ students at QUT I advocate for daily are afforded with the respect and consideration required in bettering their student life.

As the President, my sole purpose is to be the face of students to QUT in their topical needs and issues, along with the coordination of all Guild services and support in response to them. Additional to this, I work closely with the Guild’s Board of Directors in developing strategic and operational plans for our not-for-profit organisation and structuring its implementation through providing direction to my team of 24 in the 2023 Student Representational Council (SRC). 

To contact me about your specific needs from your university and union, please contact me at president@qutguild.com or visit me at KG, C Block, Level 1, Guild Offices.