It is not as difficult and complex as it may sound to turn your hobby, passion, or interest into a club. To start and run a club, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Fill in the Expression of Interest form with the idea for your new club. Then scan or photograph the forms and send them to email@example.com. We run meetings throughout the year to discuss club affiliations so it may take some time between submitting your application and getting a result back.
- If your application is successful, we’ll get in touch with you via email with the next steps for your club. They’re outlined below if you want to read ahead.
- Hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM). This is when you elect the executive members of your club and pass your constitution. Make sure you look over our Guidelines for running your AGM. You’ll need to make a club constitution to pass during this AGM. You can easily create one using our Template Constitution
- Once you’ve held your AGM, send your passed constitution, AGM minutes, AGM attendance list, and the contact details of all the elected executives to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find templates for these things on our Club Resources page.
- We will send you details as to how to set up your club bank account.
- You’re now officially a club! Make sure you read the Clubs Handbook for tips about running your club, and for the basic requirements of remaining affiliated.
Most importantly, have fun! If you have any questions along the way, please don’t hesitate to contact our Clubs Team at email@example.com.