Student Issues FAQ’s
University procedures are confusing. We have explained as much as possible (below) so that you can navigate your degree with as little stress as possible.
If you can’t see the information you need, contact the Student Rights Hub and we can answer all your questions for you.
The QUT Guild Advocacy service is confidential. Your information will not be shared with QUT.
You can use the search bar at the top of the page to search by keyword.
- What do I do if I am accused of academic misconduct?
- How do I apply for advanced standing (credit)?
- How do I apply for alteration of results after release?
- What ancillary fees are QUT allowed to charge for?
- What are my assessment rights?
- What happens if QUT loses my assignment?
- How do I change courses?
- How do I change major?
- What is the code of conduct for research students?
- What is the staff code of conduct?
- What is the student code of conduct?
- What is the code of conduct for the University in dealing with research students?
- How do I make a complaint against a lecturer or unit?
- How do I make a complaint against a research supervisor?
- How do I pursue a grievance against QUT?
- How do I enrol in cross-institutional study?
- How do I apply for a deferred exam?
- What allowances can the University make for me if I have health issues that may interfere with my studies?
- How do I enrol or change my enrolment?
- What are my exam rights?
- What do I do if I am eligible for exclusion?
- How do I apply for an extension?
- How do I apply for a fee refund?
- What is the university allowed to charge me for in respect to field trips?
- How do I calculate my GPA?
- What is QUT’s intellectual property policy?
- How do I apply for a leave of absence?
- What if there is overcrowding in my class?
- What happens if I am placed on probation?
- How do I apply for readmission after exclusion?
- How do I apply for a review of academic ruling?
- How do I apply for a review of grade?
- How do I apply special consideration?
- Where are the student centres?
- What happens if I am charged with student misconduct?
- What if I am charged with student misconduct – research students?
- How do I enrol in summer units?
- How do I apply for supplementary assessment?
- What are the time limits for course completion?
- What is QUT’s class timetabling policy?
- What should be included in unit outlines?
- How do I withdraw without academic or financial penalty?
Gardens Point Campus
X Block, Room X206*
9:00am – 4:30pm (Monday – Friday)
Kelvin Grove Campus
C Block, Room C405*
9:00am – 3:30pm (Monday to Friday)
*Physical offices are currently closed due to COVID-19. Our officers are still here to help, please email them and they will get back to you as soon as they can.
You can also book a meeting time with one of our Advocacy officers here.