Have you always wanted to give surfing a try or just like getting to the beach for some sun and sand? Are you a surfer who doesn’t get in the water enough now that you’re at Uni?
QUT Surfers is QUT’s newest sporting club. Our goals are to have surfers living in Brisbane catching more waves, to get new people into the sport and more people to the beach.
QUT Surfers aims to:
• Foster existing surfing talent at QUT
• Provide fun days at the beach, including Surfing lessons by professionals to encourage people who have never surfed
• Promote general beach awareness and understanding
• Offer car-pooling and bus services to both the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast
• Bring together like-minded people from various backgrounds who have a common interest in surfing and the beach
• Stream all major surfing events on the big screen in the QUT Botanic Bar
Whether you are a seasoned professional or never picked up a board in your life, QUT Surfers is looking to get you to the beach as much as possible during semester. Like any good student club we will be throwing a Beach Party at the Botanic Bar and organizing other great events in between beach surf sessions. So join QUT surfers, get wet and get involved!
President: Andy Rowley
Secretary: Luke Hardacre (0430573512)
Treasurer: Jeremy Dean