Starting a New Club or Society
It is not as difficult and complex as it may sound. QUT Guild is here to provide with you with the information you’ll need to get your club off the ground. To start and run a club, all you need to do is follow these steps:
1. Fill in the Expression of Interest form here with your idea for your new club. We can help you create your vision and we will let you know if your application is successful.
2. If your application is successful, you’ll need a club constitution. Make sure you have a chat with us before you pass your Constitution to make sure it aligns with our policy. You can easily create one using our Template Constitution which we can provide to you when you come in and see us.
3. Hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM). This is when you elect new executive members and pass your constitution. Make sure you look over our Guidelines for running your AGM. You can download it by clicking here now.
4. Send us your approved constitution, AGM minutes, AGM attendance list, and the contact details of all elected executives. You can find templates on our Club Resources page here.
5. Pop into the office with at least two executives who you would like to be signatories on your bank account (three is better), and we can help you open your bank account.
6. You’re now officially a club! Make sure you read the Clubs Handbook for tips about running your club, and for the basic requirements of remaining affiliated. You can download the PDF version by clicking here now.
Most importantly, have fun! If you have any questions along the way, please don’t hesitate to contact our Clubs Team at email@example.com